Sutton Advanced Cosmetic Dentistry offers the highest quality porcelain dental crowns in New York. We are located in Manhattan, Midtown East, just a block away from the Upper East Side.
Features of our dental boutique include our own dental laboratory and in-house ceramicist. We are one of the few clinics in NYC that manufactures durable and highly aesthetic Porcelain Crowns using Cerec technology. With us, you can finally achieve your perfect smile in just one visit.
What are Porcelain Crowns?
A Porcelain Crown is a cap that precisely replicates a natural tooth. It restores the shape, function, and aesthetic of a damaged or missing tooth. The crown securely attaches to the tooth and completely covers its visible part above the gumline. It extends the lifespan of the natural tooth, protecting it from fractures and further damage.
Depending on the case, one or several crowns are installed. They are placed on the natural, prepared teeth. If the natural teeth cannot be restored, we recommend the placement of a crown on an implant.
To restore the proper bite and achieve optimal oral health, we recommend our Full Mouth Reconstruction service. FMR restores an aesthetic smile and restores confidence even in the most challenging cases.
Porcelain Crowns Near Me
Sutton Advanced Cosmetic Dentistry is located just minutes away from Central Park and Times Square. We offer the highest quality porcelain crowns, crafted using state-of-the-art technology. Dr. Mojgan Fajiram and Dr. Sheila Monahemi have already helped thousands of patients, including actors, musicians, and Hollywood stars achieve brilliant smiles and regain their confidence.
We take pride in the speed and impeccable quality of our treatments. Our streamlined procedure allows for a complete smile transformation in just two visits.
Porcelain Crowns – Before & After
Description: The patient was missing two front teeth, which significantly affected the appearance of her smile. Diagnosis revealed a deficiency of bone tissue in the area of edentulism.
Treatment: It was decided to install a dental bridge using porcelain teeth crowns. The teeth on either side of the defect were prepared. Subsequently, digital scanning was performed, and dental impressions were taken. Within a few days, the dental technicians at our dental office created a reliable and durable dental bridge with impeccable aesthetics. The color of the porcelain restorations was meticulously matched to the patient’s enamel color.
Result: The dental bridge fit perfectly on the supporting teeth. A perfect and even gum contour was achieved. The aesthetics of the smile were completely restored. The patient’s lips appeared more lifted, and her face appeared more youthful. The patient regained her self-confidence. Now, she can smile broadly and without hesitation for many years to com
Description: This patient presented with partial edentulism and an anomaly in their malocclusion. Chewing function was impaired. The poor condition of the teeth significantly affected the patient’s confidence and quality of life
Treatment: After consultation and thorough diagnosis, a full mouth reconstruction was recommended for the patient. Dr. Mojgan Fajiram developed an individualized treatment plan. The missing teeth were restored with aesthetic porcelain caps for teeth on dental implants. Healthy teeth in the smile zone were covered with veneers to enhance aesthetics. Porcelain crowns were also placed on damaged posterior teeth. The gums were restored to a healthy and aesthetic appearance.
Result: The full mouth reconstruction completely restored the patient’s healthy smile. Chewing function was regained. The patient now has the ability to smile freely and enjoy the long-lasting results of the treatment.
Are Porcelain Dental Crowns Right For You?
Porcelain crowns are suitable for you if you need to:
- Restore worn or damaged teeth after deep cavities or trauma.
- Correct an improper bite due to significant misalignment of the dental arch.
- Achieve perfect aesthetics in the smile zone.
- Adjust the color of enamel.
- Alter the size of teeth that are too small or too large.
- Address partial or complete edentulism.
Alternatives to Porcelain Crowns
Depending on your case, a damaged tooth can be restored through other methods:
These are non-removable orthopedic overlays made of ceramic or zirconia dioxide. They are bonded to the front part of teeth in the smile zone. Porcelain Veneers are designed to enhance the aesthetics of teeth. In just one visit, they conceal any visual imperfections – tooth misalignment, color and size issues, enamel chips, and cracks. Depending on the material, veneers can last for 10-20 years.
Dental fillings are made of composite material. They are used to fill small cavities.
Inlays / Onlays
Similar to crowns, they are made of ceramics. The difference lies in their size and shape – inlays / onlays are smaller and cover only a part of the tooth. They are used to restore medium and large cavities.
We use dental bonding to repair chips, cracks, and wide gaps between teeth. Bonding also allows for changing the shape and color of teeth. However, unlike veneers, this is a reversible procedure. It is typically applied to the front teeth.
In just two visits, we will restore your confidence and give you the ability to smile without hesitation:
- Consultation. We assess the condition of your oral cavity and conduct X-ray imaging.
- Sanitation. We perform a professional teeth cleaning, remove old fillings, and treat cavities and pulpitis. We clean and seal the root canals.
- Preparation for dental restoration. We prepare the tooth for the new crown. If there is limited remaining tooth structure, we create and install an onlay. We meticulously match the shade of the porcelain crown to your enamel color.
- Impressions. We take impressions using an intraoral 3D scanner, creating a highly precise tooth model. The three-dimensional image is immediately displayed on the monitor. We transmit this data to our dental laboratory.
- Creation and installation of a temporary crown. While we are crafting your permanent crown, we install a temporary aesthetic restoration. It safeguards the prepared tooth against bacteria and maintains the aesthetics of your entire smile until the permanent dental restoration is installed.
- Fitting and installation of permanent crowns. The ready porcelain ceramic crown returns from the dental laboratory. You try it on and share your feedback. If necessary, we make adjustments. If everything is satisfactory, we securely affix the crown to the tooth.
We collaborate closely with you at every stage of the treatment. This allows us to accommodate all your preferences. When necessary, we employ expedited production of porcelain crowns. We offer a fast and flexible approach, ensuring you achieve your desired smile within your preferred timeframe.
Porcelain Crowns – Advantages and Disadvantages
- Aesthetically pleasing. We select the shade of porcelain that matches the color of your enamel. The color and light permeability of porcelain restorations are identical to the properties of natural enamel. An installed crown is indistinguishable from adjacent natural teeth.
- Absolute biocompatibility. Porcelain does not trigger allergic reactions or any other side effects when used.
- Durability: Porcelain crowns are sufficiently strong and resistant to wear and tear. With proper care, they can last for 10-15 years.
- Minimal invasiveness of installation. Prior to placing porcelain caps for teeth, the dentist removes no more than 1 mm of enamel. By comparison, metal-ceramic dental restorations necessitate the removal of up to 2 mm of enamel. The more hard tissue preserved under the crown, the longer the tooth will serve.
- High-quality fit. In our dental office, we manufacture precision dental restorations using CAD/CAM technology. We ensure perfect fit to the tooth tissues and an aesthetic gum contour.
- Stain resistance. Even with frequent consumption of staining substances, porcelain crowns do not change color. Their initial aesthetics are preserved throughout their service life.
- Resistance to temperature changes. Porcelain dental restorations exhibit high thermal resistance. They can withstand rapid temperature fluctuations in the oral cavity, and temperature sensations are not transmitted to the tooth under the crown.
We provide the highest quality porcelain crowns, for it is an excellent material. However, in some cases, we may recommend zirconia crowns – they are more durable and better suited for molars. In any case, our cosmetic dentist will offer you the best option.
What is better, veneers or crowns?
Both orthopedic constructions are used in different cases. Veneers are applied when there is a need to correct minor misalignment/shape issues of the front teeth, enamel discoloration, or minor chipping. Crowns are recommended for significant chipping, substantial misalignment of side/front teeth, as well as in cases of partial or complete edentulism. In the latter case, a crown is placed on an implant or a dental bridge.
Can I eat my favorite foods after getting porcelain dental crowns?
Yes, you can enjoy any type of food. However, we recommend exercising caution when chewing hard foods. Porcelain dental restorations are quite durable, but they can wear down or chip with excessive chewing pressure.
Is it painful to get a porcelain dental crown?
In our dental office, the preparation and installation of a dental crown are painless and comfortable. We perform the treatment under sedation. Throughout the procedure, you are relaxed and free from fear and anxiety.
Do porcelain crowns stain?
No, they do not discolor even with frequent consumption of coffee, wine, and other staining substances.
How long do porcelain crowns last?
With proper oral hygiene and regular visits to the dentist, porcelain crowns can last for over 15 years.